Sunday, August 26, 2007

Dresses with Tights

Where I live, summer is relatively chilly, and fall is freezing without the snow. So, I'm thinking about using the dresses I have with tights. Not the kiddie-buy-at-target-in-bulk kind, but the nicer, ribbed tights that will keep me warm throughout the day. Here are some neat ones:

This Thread Social cowl neck is perfect for cold weather. It looks like something you could curl up in. Also, if you're like me, and your legs can handle the cold, but your arms can't, ditch the tights!

Rachel Pally, perfect with black or dark grey tights. And the plus? Pockets, which make dresses all the more practical. It's also good for a more casual workplace with tights and pumps.

Eh, not to fond of this Marc Jacobs with tights. However, if you're daring enough, the socks look really prim with the youthful buttons on the waist cinch. And for a shabby chic style, put an oversize sweater on for those cold nights.

I have been looking for an understated mod dress this past summer, and I think this Juicy Couture one is perfect. I have swimmer broad shoulders though, so I hope this doesn't make me look boxy when I try it on. But I have to admit, the length and loose cut would make me feel self concious since I have long legs, so I could only wear it in the winter with tights....maybe not a good investment after all, especially for a trendy item.

Source: Shopbop

No comments: